This one-pot zucchini chili tastes incredible and because its plant-based and oil free, you can help yourself to guilt-free seconds or even thirds!
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2–3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 2 zucchinis, diced into small cubes (1 cm. or no more than ½ inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded, cored and diced small
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 – 15-oz (400 gm) can cherry tomatoes (diced will also work here)
- 1 – 15 oz. (400 gm) can borlotti beans or pinto beans (you can also use black beans or whatever beans you like)
- ¼ cup (100 ml) red wine
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large stew pot to medium and add the onions. Sauté them for 5 minutes until they start to become translucent. Add water a tablespoon at a time if they start to stick.
- Add the diced jalapenos, minced garlic, cumin, cayenne and allspice. Mix well and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini and red pepper stir well to coat.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, borlotti beans, wine, parsley, oregano, cilantro and ½ cup water. Mix everything and lower the heat to simmer.
- Cover the pot and allow it to simmer for 25-30 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Serve in bowl over rice or baked potatoes or fries or wrapped up in warm tortillas.
- Mashed avocado – 1 avocado with the juice of ½ a lemon, ¼ tsp. garlic powder and ¼ tsp. salt.
- Vegan sour cream
- Chopped cilantro or parsley (or a mix)
- finely chopped lettuce or red onions
- Turn this into a seasonal fall stew by replacing the zucchini with squash or pumpkin.
- You can use 4 medium fresh tomatoes diced in place of the canned tomatoes. Be sure to drain the juice from the cutting board into the pot as well.
- Omit the red wine if desired and if you want to add another flavor, try 1 tbsp. soy sauce or vegan Worcestershire sauce.
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one-pot zucchini chili