Tofu ricotta is what you demand from a vegan ricotta cheese with just 6 ingredients for a super easy, super cheesy plant-based delicacy.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 block (350 gm.) of firm tofu, pressed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2-3 cloves minced or pressed garlic
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Add 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds to a food processor. Process the seeds for a few turns to break them down a bit.
- Wrap the tofu in a few paper towels and squeeze it to release the moisture.
- Add the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt to the food processor. Process until it smooths out.
- Transfer the ricotta to a bowl and mix in the garlic and lemon zest.
- Use in your favorite recipes immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days until you’re ready to use it.
- Serving size is approximately 1/4 cup.
- Adjust the amount of garlic to your individual taste. You can also substitute 1 tsp. garlic powder if desired.
- If you find nutritional yeast salty, cut back on the additional ½ tsp. of salt.
- If you want the ricotta super smooth, be sure to grind the sunflower seeds into a powder before adding the tofu. You may need to add ½ a tablespoon more of lemon juice to get it to smooth out.
- Category: Essential Ingredients
- Cuisine: plant-based
Keywords: tofu ricotta