Zucchini-green bean salad with creamy citrus-Tahini dressing, DIY semi-dried tomatoes and a splash of fresh mint. Quilt-free deliciousness in every bite!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or one jar water packed sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1–2 Tbsp. herbs de province
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cups (8 oz./250 gm.) green beans, trimmed and broken into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce or lettuce of your choice (you can also use baby spinach)
- 1/2 cup (about a handful) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ orange
- ½ tsp. date paste, agave syrup or another sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 4000F (2000C).
- Rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes. Place them cut side up on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomatoes with herbs de province and a pinch of salt. Place them in the middle of the oven and allow them to bake and dehydrate for about 45 minutes.
- Next, make the dressing by whisking together the Tahini, garlic, lemon and orange juice and date paste. Add more lemon and/or orange juice if you want it a bit thinner. You’ll want to give it a quick whisk right before dressing the salad.
- Add the zucchini to a medium skillet and sauté it along with the sliced red chili until the zucchini is slightly browned. Toss in the juice of ½ a lemon right before taking it off the stove.
- Steam the green beans for 3-4 minutes. You want them to be tender, but still slightly crisp.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans and fresh mint.
- Add the dressing right before serving or serve it alongside the salad so individuals can dress their own.
- The cooking time for this recipe, includes making your own semi-dried tomatoes. If you buy them, then your time for this salad is about 20 minutes total. Also, you can prepare the semi-dried tomatoes a few days in advance. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for 5-6 days.
- Prep time only accounts for the time to prepare the tomatoes for baking as the rest of the prep can be done while they are baking.
- Rather than sauteing the zucchini, you can also bake it along with the tomatoes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and bake the zucchini for 25 minutes until it starts to brown. The red chili can be added raw or you can heat it by tossing it on the tray with the zucchini for the last 10 minutes.
- Category: Salads & Bowls
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: Zucchini-green bean salad