A zippy vegan coleslaw with mango with a 2-ingredient, oil-free, no mayo dressing is the perfect fresh side, or power up for tacos, burgers, and much more.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (a mix of cabbage along with carrots if you desire)
- 2 firm, but ripe mangos, peeled and cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 Tbsp. Agave syrup or another plant-based liquid sweetener
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots (if using), chopped cilantro, and mango slices.
- In a small dish, mix together the lime juice (3 Tbsp.), and agave syrup (1 Tbsp.).
- Add this to the slaw, along with a few turns of ground black pepper (1/4 tsp.) and mix well.
- Allow the slaw to sit for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- The best way to slice the mango is to peel it, then stand it up lengthwise, and slice down on one side of the pit (stone). Slice through the other side of the remaining mango. Now, lay the rest of the mango on its side and slice away the rest of the flesh. Slice the mango into strips. You may need to cut the mango strips in half to make them easier to eat with the rest of the slaw.
- Use any cabbage you like, green, red (purple), Napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage), savory cabbage, or a mixture. Also, consider a ready-made slaw mix.
- Store leftover slaw in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. It will keep fresh for 2 days.
- Category: On the Side
- Cuisine: plant-based
Keywords: vegan coleslaw with mango