Asian rice noodle salad is loaded with crunch veggies, fresh basil, cilantro and basil with Adzuki beans for a quick and healthy meal in a bowl winner.
- 8 oz. (225 gm.) rice noodles, cooked according to the package directions and rinsed with cold water
- 1 ½ cups (150 gm.) green beans cut into bite-sized pieces (you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 – 15 oz. (400 gm.) can Adzuki beans, rinsed and drained (you can also substitute black beans if desired)
- 1 ½ cups bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 6 scallions (green onions), white and green parts sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch of mint, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small bunch of cilantro (coriander), chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1/3 cup (40 gm.) raw or unsalted peanuts (optional)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime (juice to equal about 1/3 cup so juice another lime if necessary)
- 2 tsp. date paste, Agave syrup or another liquid sweetener
- 2 tsp. Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Thai red chili, deseeded and thinly sliced (reduce the amount if you want to cut the heat)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, thinly sliced or diced small (you can also use 1 Tbsp. lemon zest)
- Rinse the bean sprouts and prep the cucumber, scallions and the fresh herbs. Add everything to a large salad bowl including the Adzuki beans.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Start the water for the rice noodles and cook them according to the package directions. Rinse them with cold water to help them separate.
- In a small pan, simmer or steam the green beans until they are slightly tender, but still crisp to the bite. Drain the beans and add them to the salad bowl and mix everything.
- Add the cool rice noodles and gently mix them to help them separate.
- Mix in the dressing (I find using my hands is sometimes easier than a spoon or tongs).
- If using, top the salad with the chopped peanuts.
- Nutritional information includes 1/3 cup chopped peanuts.
- Use 2 teaspoons or more of Sriracha hot sauce to replace the red chili.
- If you are using the peanuts you can serve them up on the side. They stay pretty crunchy the next day if mixed into the salad, but they may slightly soften if you want to prepare rice noodle salad as a lunch box meal.
- Category: Salads & Bowls
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Asian rice noodle salad