Quick quinoa & pear salad transforms 5 ingredients and 25 minutes into an easy, healthy, oil free, flavorful meal or small-effort side.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth (you can add a veggie bullion cube to the water as well)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 fresh pears diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a saucepan with the water. Bring the pot to a boil, turn the heat to simmer, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Allow the quinoa to sit in the hot pan for an additional 5 minutes (or longer).
- In a medium bowl, toss the pears, chives and walnuts in the vinegar. Allow this mixture to sit until the quinoa is done.
- Fluff up the quinoa in the pan and then add it to the pear mixture.
- Mix well and serve hot or place the salad in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- The vinegar will keep your pears from discoloring overnight so make extra salad and enjoy it for a quick lunch.
- Cooked quinoa freezes well. Place it in the fridge to thaw a bit and reheat in a steamer or microwave. Fluff and serve.
- If Balsamic vinegar is too strong or sweet for you, substitute a pear or raspberry vinegar for a lighter flavor.
- Category: Salads & Bowls
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: quick quinoa & pear salad