4-ingredient quick pickled onions take minutes to make and are a healthy way to brighten many of your favorite dishes. Make every meal special.
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar, red wine vinegar or Merlot vinegar
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener such as agave syrup or vegan honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup vinegar, 3 Tbsp agave syrup and 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix well.
- Thin slice the red onions and add them to the marinade. Toss together well.
- Gently massage the onions so they absorb the liquid.
- Allow them to pickle for at least one hour or, for best results, let the onions pickle overnight.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator, where they will keep for up to one week.
- This recipe calls for red onions, but mellow white onions (or a mix) can be used.
- Yield for this recipe depends on the size of your onions.
- Use leftover marinade as the base for a mustard dressing.
- Shake it up - try pickled onions as a garnish for soups or stews. Yum!
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Method: Marnaide
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: Quick pickled onions