In minutes, the savory, sweet, and spicy taste of this quick 6-ingredient pineapple chutney will stand at the ready to amplify the flavor of your favorite dishes.
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 red chilies, sliced thin
- 2 cups of pineapple diced into small pieces. Use I – 20 oz. (567 gm.) can rings or chunks drained, or ½ fresh pineapple.
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or pan to medium and add the cumin seeds. Toast the seeds for 1 minute until they start to release their aroma. Be sure to stir the seeds constantly to prevent them from burning.
- Add the onion, ginger, and chilies and sauté them for about 3 – 5 minutes to allow them to soften.
- Turn off the burner. Mix in the pineapple and cilantro.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Be sure to start with all the ingredients prepped and ready. If using canned pineapple, drain the juice and reserve it to another use, like sweet and sour sauce.
- Use pineapple rings or chunks that are canned in their own juices if possible. The kind in heavy syrup is too sweet with wasted calories and unhealthy sugar you don’t need.
- Store chutney in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days. Be sure to mix it before serving as juice accumulates as it sits.
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: pineapple chutney