Classic lemon tahini salad dressing, plant-based, oil-free healthy is guaranteed to get rave reviews as a primo salad satisfier and lentil lover extraordinaire.
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ - ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Water, for thinning the dressing
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of tahini with ¼ a cup of lemon juice. Use a whisk or spoon to stir until the tahini gets smoother and starts to lighten in color.
- The tahini will be thick at this point. Taste it and add lemon juice or water a tablespoon or 2 at a time until you get a dressing consistency you like.
- Stir in 1 clove of minced garlic, taste, and add another according to taste.
- This dressing keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving size is estimated as 3 tablespoons per person. The amount of dressing you make will depend on the consistency and how much lemon juice or water you add.
- Make your own tahini following my easy steps or buy tahini at bigger supermarkets or specialty shops with Middle Eastern or Indian foods. Look for tahini made only from sesame seeds without additives or extra ingredients.
- The color of tahini and lemon dressing depends on the extent to which the sesame seeds are roasted and how much liquid you add.
- Build the flavor of this classic dressing by adding dry spices or fresh herbs to compliment the dish you are serving it with. Consider cumin or smoked paprika.
- If your tahini tastes bitter, consider adding 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or another liquid sweetener. A pinch of salt also helps to diminish bitterness.
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Cuisine: plant-based
Keywords: lemon tahini salad dressing