Lemon cauliflower rice is a colorful, flavorful, healthy alternative to liven up any meal, any day of the week. Ditch boring rice and try this quick side.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1–2 red chilis, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (3 scallions)
- Trim and wash the cauliflower. Cut it into florets, rinse and pat dry.
- Using a hand grater or food process, grate the cauliflower to a grain-like consistency. You may want to experiment on the fine or coarse options for your grater.
- Turn the cauliflower rice out on a plate or cutting board lined with paper towels. Put another towel on top and press to release as much moisture as you can.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients by thinly slicing the 2 red chilis, grating the lemon for the zest and juicing the rest of the lemon. Chop the coriander (cilantro) and slice 3 scallions (1/2 cup).
- Heat a medium to large skillet. Add the lemon juice, zest, red chilis and cauliflower. Stir to heat through.
- Turn off the heat and place the lemon rice in a bowl (or keep it in the skillet). Add the coriander and scallions.
- Serve immediately.
- For something extra, try adding ¼ cup chopped almonds or cashews. This would be good with stir fry or Thai curry.
- Create an orange rice by substituting the lemon for an organic orange. You add ¼ cup of juice and adjust if you want it moister.
- Cauliflower rice is great to have in the freezer; however, once you’ve added the fresh coriander and scallions, I wouldn’t recommend freezing it. Best to just reheat any leftovers (if there are any).
- Category: On the Side
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: lemon cauliflower rice