Fresh green bean salad recipe – green beans, onion, cucumber, tomatoes. 10-minute, healthy salad with white balsamic, lemon juice and agave dressing.
- 1 lb. fresh green beans (trimmed and cut into bit-sized pieces)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half (or quarters)
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and sliced into half moons
- 1 red onion cut in half and then sliced into half moons
- ¼ cup white Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Agave syrup
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Place the green beans in a steamer basket and steam for about 3 minutes. You want to ensure that they are still crispy to the bite.
- Allow the beans to cool a bit while you prepare the cucumber (1), tomatoes (2 cups) and red onion.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup white Balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp. Agave and the juice of lemon.
- Mix the beans, cucumber slices, tomatoes and red onion in a bowl. Pour the dressing in and mix well.
- If you find red onions a bit too strong, consider substituting thinly sliced scallions.
- No Agave syrup? Maple syrup or brown rice syrup are great substitutes (use the same amounts).
- We liked adding red kidney beans, but a can of any white beans or chickpeas would be great. If you don’t want quinoa, bulgur would be a great option to elevate your simple green bean salad to meal.
- Category: Salads & Bowls
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fresh green bean salad