Cool ranch dressing – smooth, creamy ranch coolness and a healthy, plant-based recipe. I think I’m in love.
Making cool ranch dressing became a priority when I left the US with its abundance of ranch dressing choices and landed in a country where that isn’t the case. Forget getting a plant-based version of my favorite dressing. Time to make my own.
Prep for the trip
The most important ingredient in cool ranch dressing are the cashews. This does require a bit of planning because you won’t get a super smooth consistency unless you soak them. Just toss them into a bowl as you pour your first cup of coffee or before you go to bed. Solved.
Ranch dressing is undoubtedly good. My cool ranch dressing is also plant-based and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. Equally important, it’s super easy to make. We’re talking a few main ingredients, your blender and 10 minutes total.
Cool ranch dressing abundance
One reason why cool ranch dressing is so darned cool is that it ramps up the taste on just about anything. Sure, it’s great on salads, but give it a try with tofu bacon or Brussels sprouts salad. Just be sure to make enough dressing so you can snack on it later with your favorite veggies.
If ‘abundance is not something you acquire, it’s something you tune into’ (Wayne Dyer). Tuning in means listening, but it also requires a bit of tuning out. Tune out from what you’re missing, pack light and be open to another music that will get you where you want to go. Peace.Print
Cool ranch dressing is a smooth, creamy, plant-based and better version of classic ranch.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 – 1 cup plant milk (I recommend oat milk)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup of the plant milk, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Set aside for about 5 minutes to create a quick buttermilk.
- Place the soaked cashews, the plant milk mixture, garlic and onion powder in a blender or food process and blend until smooth. Add more plant milk to get the desired consistency.
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl and fold in the black pepper and the herbs.
- Make peppercorn ranch by substituting the ground black pepper with peppercorns in brine (you can usually find them near the pickles).
- Go spicy and add a few drops of tobacco sauce.
- Cool ranch dressing will stay fresh in the fridge for a week (but it won’t last that long).
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: cool ranch dressing