This plant-based sour cream delivers all the rich, tangy, and satisfying flavor you’ve been craving with just 4 ingredients and minutes in the making.
- 1 cup raw cashews (ground in a spice grinder or soaked overnight)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ - 1 cup of water
- If you are grinding cashews, add them to a spice or coffee grinder, and break them into a fine powder. If you soak the cashews, add them to a small bowl and cover them with water. Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain the cashews before adding them to the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add cashews, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and ¼ of a cup of water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and add water 1-2 tablespoons at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or vinegar.
- Raw cashews are recommended for this recipe. Roasted, even dry-roasted cashews are challenging to grind and may cause a gritty texture. The flavor will also be nuttier and heavier if you use roasted cashews.
- Be sure that your grinder is dry before adding the cashews. Don’t overload your grinder. You need enough space so the cashews can move and break. Likewise, add enough cashews so that they help each other by creating friction.
- Exercise caution when adding the water. It’s easy to get the sour cream too thin and impossible to thicken it up without grinding more cashews.
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: plant-based sour cream