Awesome vegan sour cream is a recipe worth sharing because, well, it’s awesome. We are hooked on it around here. We find so many uses for it including our favorite tacos. It's the foundation for ranch dressing as well. I'm sure you'll discover that just a dollop of this stuff is a definite dish enhancement.
Roasted need not apply
The taste of this recipes rests on the cashews. You want to be sure that your use raw, unroasted cashews. Don’t substitute, it won’t be close to the same. Plus, roasted nuts often have added oil and salt. Besides, your final result won’t be as pretty.
Unless you are the owner of a high powered food processor, you'll want to soak your cashews before attempting to blend them. When raw cashews are soaked for at least 4 hours (or overnight) they get softer and plumper. As a result, your blender doesn’t have to work so hard and you get the benefit of ultimate creaminess.
A cheesy solution
There is so much to love about awesome vegan sour cream. It dresses up a potato, it makes a taco soar and it’s the base of many a fine dip. We find that it also serves as a cheese fix unlike anything else and I don’t think I’m alone here in needing a cheese fix.
We all need a fix sometimes. Finding a fix that keeps us moving along our designated path is just another step toward our goal. We can’t predict the future and we may not always be prepared for the perfect fix. We do know that it’s always good to be armed with more healthful options. Have a plan for those moments when you might take an action you might regret – take a walk, listen to some tunes, get yourself something with a dollop of awesome vegan sour cream. Straight forward. Peace.Print
Awesome vegan sour cream is the ultimate in creaminess, richness and deliciousness. Get your sour cream and cheese fix right here.
Cooking tip: the time for this recipe includes 4 hours of soaking.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ - ½ cup of water
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours (or overnight)
- Put the soaked cashews, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and ¼ cup of water in a blender or food processor.
- Blend away and add more water depending on the consistency you desire.
- If you want to create aioli, add another tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder. Super on burgers.
- Awesome vegan sour cream will keep in the fridge for at least a week (maybe longer but it never lasts that long in our house).
- Category: Dressings & Condiments
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Plant-based
Keywords: awesome vegan sour cream